Questions and talking points for the video, JUST THINK FIRST: personal responsibility
- What are your thoughts and feelings about what you just watched?
- What are some of the messages of this video?
- What is the most moving, powerful part of the video?
- What part affected you in some way?
- Do you feel there is anything portrayed in the video that is unrealistic or that you think might not happen at Wakefield?
- How could things progress to the point of the girl dying in the street?
- How does substance abuse lead to dating violence? Suicide or self-harm?
- What would you do if a friend were in trouble because of using or selling drugs?
- In what ways can one person’s drug use affect the whole family?
The Science and The Law
- What personal factors contribute to drug and alcohol use?
- What societal factors contribute to drug and alcohol use?
- How do you resist the temptation to use if everyone around you does?
- What can you do to avoid difficult situations…for example: Risky behaviors? Illegal behaviors? Making unhealthy choices?
- Who/what are good resources that can support you in this type of challenge?
- What is the JUST THINK FIRST Program and how did it come about at Wakefield
- What does JUST THINK FIRST do for Wakefield students?